Notes of Adult Education Department Ranga Reddy District :
- The Department of Adult Education was established on 02.10.1978with an objective of achieving total literacy in the adult age-group of above 15 years.
- The literacy rate of Telangana as per 2011 census is 66.54% as against the National Average of72.98%.
- Literacy rate of Ranga Reddy District is Male – 78.94%, Female – 64.63% and total 71.79% (as per 2011 census).
- Government of India proposed to replace Saakshar Bharat Programme as PadhnaLikhnaAbhiyan. Guidelines are awaited from Government ofIndia.
- Meanwhile, “Student’s–Parents/Grand Parents Literacy Programme” was launchedon 08.09.2019 on pilot basis in the District. The students will literate their non-literate parent / grandparents in their houses on Voluntarybasis with the coordination of Head Masters/Teachers of ZPHS/GHS, School Education Department with the guidelines of Principal Secretary, Education, Telangana State.
The latest progress on the above as follows in the Ranga Reddy District:
ZPHS/GH Schools taken up :106
Students involved : 12887
Non-literates enrolled : 14393.
Self Declaration Forms were received from 18 mandals of 34 schools were students 739, male 300, female 528, and total of 828 made literates by the students.
- Non-literates of age group 18 and above were identified in PallePragathi II, in which Male 41788, Female 77202, transgenders 16, and total of 119006 and also GP/Mandal wise details are enclosed.